The 2016 Chester Marathon and Metric Marathon will be held on Sunday, 2 October with the start and finish of the race at Chester Racecourse.
We want to minimise disruption for residents and visitors on race day. Here is some information to help you get about during the race.
You won’t be able to drive on roads that are closed. Follow the link here for details on maps and road closures.
If you live on the route and will need to leave by car during the road closure we advise that you move your car before the closure starts.
8.30am until 11am
- Sealand Road, at Stadium Way through to Nicholas Street – Service 10 bus stops affected
- Raymond Street, Canal Street – Service 1A and 10 bus stops affected
- Northgate Street, Upper Northgate Street – stops in Upper Northgate Street and Delamere Street
- Wrexham and Mold services will be unable to serve the stops in Vicars Lane and Grosvenor Street
8.30am until 3.45pm
- Lower Bridge Street, Handbridge, Overleigh Road – Service 16 affected all bus stops from Lower Bridge Street to Hough Green
8.30am until 12 noon
- Wrexham Road to Pulford – Service 1 all stops from Wrexham Road, Rake Lane to Pulford
10am until 2.45pm
- Rake and Pikel, Chester Road Chester bound – Service 5