This bank holiday weekend, avoid frustrating traffic jams and enjoy a weekend staycation in Chester city centre.
Discover everything that Chester has to offer by working your way through our carefully curated selection of things to see, do and throw yourselves into that the whole family can enjoy.
- Shop: From famous high street stores to small boutiques and unique independents, our city centre aims to please even the most demanding shopper.
- Dine: With a wealth of inviting cafes and coffee shops, independent foodie hubs, fine dining experiences and family friendly restaurants you will be spoiled for choice.
- Jurassic Facts Trail : Kids of all ages are invited to go on a Jurassic journey across the city centre to discover fascinating dino facts for a chance to WIN an annual family pass to Chester Zoo!
- Family Saturday: Dive into the arts and crafty kit boxes at the Roman Amphitheatre this Saturday from 12 – 4 to enjoy this FREE activity afternoon
- Rise above Sportive : Olympic silver medallist, and 30-time Tour de France stage winner Mark Cavendish will be in Chester on Sunday, August 28 for the return of his Rise Above Sportive.
- Bricks in Motion : Visit Chester Cathedral and discover an amazing transport exhibition of more than 100 Lego models created by some of the finest Lego artists in the world.
- Chester Boats : Take a pleasure cruise along the beautiful River Dee and enjoy the city from a different viewpoint.
Take lots of photos and share your memories on Twitter @CH1Chester and use the #experiencechester – enjoy!