WELCOME TO CH1CHESTERBID
Welcome to CH1ChesterBID, the Business Improvement District for Chester.
CH1ChesterBID covers a defined area of the city centre representing 464 businesses to create an enticing overall visitor experience and ensure continued investment in the city centre.
Our aim is to make Chester a retail, business and leisure destination of choice where people are proud to live, work and visit.
- CH1ChesterBID is a business-led initiative that was voted for by the businesses of Chester in September 2014 and July 2019.
- The first term of the BID runs for five years and means that over the term approximately £2.5m will be generated and reinvested back into the city centre, focusing on events, business savings, marketing, The Chester Welcome and working together as one city with one voice.
- There are currently 464 businesses, with a rateable value of more than £18,000, situated within the BID designated city area.
- Each of these members contribute a levy equal to 1% of their premises rateable value every year to fund a wide range of improvements identified by the businesses themselves and set out in the CH1ChesterBID business plan.
- Every item of expenditure has contributed towards achieving our goals of better promoting the city, creating a warm city welcome and ultimately working together to make things happen.