WELCOME TO CH1CHESTERBID
Welcome to CH1ChesterBID, the Business Improvement District for Chester.
CH1ChesterBID covers a defined area of the city centre representing almost 500 businesses to create an enticing overall visitor experience and ensure continued investment in the city centre.
Our aim is to make Chester a retail, business and leisure destination of choice where people are proud to live, work and visit.
- CH1ChesterBID is a business-led initiative that was voted for by the businesses of Chester in September 2014.
- The first term of the BID runs for five years and means that over the term approximately £2.5m will be generated and reinvested back into the city centre, focusing on events, business savings, marketing, The Chester Welcome and working together as one city with one voice.
- There are currently almost 500 businesses, with a rateable value of more than £18,000, situated within the BID designated city area.
- Each of these members contribute a levy equal to 1% of their premises rateable value every year to fund a wide range of improvements identified by the businesses themselves and set out in the CH1ChesterBID business plan.
- Every item of expenditure has contributed towards achieving our goals of better promoting the city, creating a warm city welcome and ultimately working together to make things happen.